Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Imaginary Friend

Photobucket


Apparently, you are never too old to have an imaginary friend. From the time I was a toddler of three, I disabused the notion of a god, gods, or Santa Claus, much to my mother's chagrin. It all seemed so implausible to even that impressionable mind of wonderment and fantasy. When I discuss with any Christian the notion that, under their system of belief, my logical mind would have been given to me by their creator, which would certainly mean that I was created to burn forever from the beginning, their response always lamely centers around free will. I will discuss free will in the future, but if a child who Dobson and Hitler both claim they could have for life* if given the opportunity for tutelage could see right through the preposterousness of it all, how could that child possibly entertain the delusion as an adult?

*Both Dobson and Hitler echoed the Jesuit's meme of early child influence allowing concepts to be propagandized for life. I will supply the quotes at a later date.

Tags: , , , , , , Turbo Tagger

No comments: